My first lesson on Windows Phone 7. One one of my lab exchange servers I have a privately CA signed certificate and to get ActiveSync going on a phone you need to import the CA cert, right.
So how do we do this on a Windows Phone 7 device?
- First on you’re locale Client (PC, Laptop) open the mmc and load the snap-in for Certificates, select Local computer;
Go to Trusted Root Certification Authorities – Certificates
Find your RootCA Certificate
- Export this Certificate as a DER-coded-binary X.509 (CER) on your local Computer
- Send it via Mail (another Mail-account Hotmail for example) to you’re WP7
- Sync the Mail Box and open the attachment
- Install this Certificate by open it from the device
- Restart the device
- Now test you’re Sync with the EAS Account