- IT-Managed Installation of Lync 2010
Microsoft Lync 2010 setup files are provided as executable (.exe) programs. The Lync 2010 setup executable program is the recommended method for installing clients.
- The installation of Lync 2010 will not complete using Windows Installer (MSI)
How to enable MSI deployments for Lync.msi.
- Updates for Lync Server 2010
This article lists the available updates for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and specifies the applicability of the updates for each server role.
- Description of the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.2 update
Description of the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.2 update
- Backing Up and Restoring Lync Server 2010
This document describes a methodology for backing up and restoring the data that is required for full recovery of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 services.
- Office Communications Server or Lync Server 2010 Front End Services fail after backend database move
This problem occurs if the cross-database chaining option has been disabled for the RTC database and for the RTCDyn database.
- User and Client Authentication for Lync Server 2010
Authentication is the provision of user credentials to a trusted server. Lync Server 2010 uses the following authentication protocols.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 continuously asks for credentials after signing in
This issue can occur for multiple reasons, and in certain scenarios, this is expected behavior.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 IM and Presence Training
- Configuring Custom Presence States
To define custom presence states in Microsoft Lync 2010, create an XML custom presence configuration file, and then specify its location by using the Lync Server Management Shell cmdlets
- Sign in to and out of Lync 2010
How to: Start Lync 2010 and sign in Set up Lync 2010 to start automatically Sign out of Lync 2010
- Certificates for Lync Server 2010
Best practice on certificates
- Lync Server 2010 evaluation period has expired
Error: Cannot sign in because server is temporarily unavailable. if the problem continues, please contact your support team.
- Configure Certificates for Front End Servers
how to configure certificates for a Front End Server
- Preventing Lync Server certificate expiration
How to locate information about the certificate that is associated with the Lync Server server
- Updating From the Evaluation Version of Lync Server 2013
How to update a computer from the evaluation version of Lync Server 2013 to the licensed version of the software